© A M Milner All Rights Reserved
Diary entry
Donate
Depaul  Trust
  N. H. Sanctuary
Donate
donation_form_NHS.pdf
Home.Pilgrimage 2008 Home.Pilgrimage 2006 Home.Me.Email.
20 (Final Posting  ????):  23/02/2007  Back at Home

Basically this is, in theory the last posting on this site  and I have a number of  reasons to write.  Firstly, some very long time ago I said I would list in a posting all those for whom I prayed and lit candles in Rome but had no contact details to let them know.  So in the hope that someday they read this, here goes:

Robert & Nicola who I met in Astorga, a candle in the Church of Mary Maddelena (I tried to do it in the Irish Church but was not successful)

A French lady I met between Ledigo & Calzadilla & who gave me a medal of Our Lady, a candle in Saint Louis De Francais

A Hungarian chap I met in Calzadilla, a candle in Saint Louis De Francais

A lady (she may have been French) I met on the 24th or 25th April who was very touched and embraced me, a candle in Saint Louis De Francais

A Korean chap studying for the Priesthood I met on 26th April, a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

Hospitalero at Viloria de la Rioja where I stopped for a welcome coffee and rest, a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

A Brazilian chap who was very moved I met on 7th May, a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

A French lady I met en route to Monjardin on 7th May, a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

Two Irish chaps I met at the refugio at Monjardin, a candle in the Church of Mary Maddelena

An American lady I met at the refugio at Monjardin who gave me a heart-shaped button, a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

A German girl who had the strength of character to stop walking the Camino.  I met her at Monreal on 12th May - a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

A Danish girl I met in Cardenuela on 29th April, a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

A Swiss lady and her companion I met at Canfranc Estacion on 19th May, a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

A French chap I met en route to L’Isle de Noe on 1st June,a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

A monk at the Abbey de Calcat who is very ill.  I met his niece there -  a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

A lady who lives in Boissezau and whom I met on 14th June, a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

A French chap I met at the Tourist Office in St-Jervais-sur-Mare on 17th June, a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

The Parish Priest at St Sauvior Cathedral at Aix-en-Provence,a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

The very helpful girl I met at St Savior Cathedral who took me to see the Priest so I could get a stamp for my Pilgrim Passport, a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

A French lady I met in Napoule who helped me with directions.  She told me she had a brain tumour and was obviously afraid and unhappy, a candle in the Church of Mary Maddelena

The 2 Irish lads I met in Murat sur Vebre on 16th June (hope the resits went OK), a candle in the Chapel of the Crucifixion in the Church of Mary Maddelena

It has been strange to settle back in after such a long time on the road.  I now work full time again (in London) and have met some other people who have walked to Rome or are planning to do so.  We have started a support group called The Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome - web site is

www.pilgrimstorome.org.uk

My local paper decided to run a competition for web sites so I was spurred on to finish some of the things I had said I would do.  As you will have seen I have also added a photo gallery section.  Hope you enjoy it.

Although I have said this was in theory the last posting, do not be too sure - who knows what might happen in the future!

Take care all
Post 19.